Answered By: Alyssa Mitchell Last Updated: Jun 29, 2020 Views: 731206
If the Data Analysis command is not available in your version of Excel, you need to load the Analysis ToolPak add-in program. These instructions apply to Excel 2010, Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
- Click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Add-Ins category.
- In the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins and then click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak check box, and then click OK.
Tip: If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate it.
If you are prompted that the Analysis ToolPak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
Once the add in has been successfully installed you will see data analysis when you click on the data tab (usually to the far right of the toolbar). Go back to the first screenshot in the instructions to see how it will look. The button will open the Data Analysis dialog, which offers access to a variety of analysis tools.
Quick Analysis is a similar set of tools available in Excel 2013. See Microsoft documentation for more information. it applies to Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
~ Instructions provided courtesy of Excel Help
- You have made some really good points there. I checked on the internet for more additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.
- You can find the instructions here along with the tutorial on how to use it to make a histogram: https://trumpexcel.com/histogram-in-excel/
- When I open the Options menu the Add-Ins tab is not there. I have excel 2010. I need to be able to use data analysis for a stats class. Any ideas why it's not there?
- it was totally a helpful one thanks a lot
- Thanks.. very insightful
- Thanks a lot for your instruction, was clear and useful.
- Thanks a lot for your instruction. It's help me to start analysis in xls.
- Thank You!
- this really help me a lot. thanks!
- This was really helpful, so clear and straight to the point. Thank you so much.
- The Analysis Toolpak is installed. The Data Analysis button is not there. This is Excel 2013. Frustrated!
- I installed the Analysis toolpak, but there is no button for it. What's wrong?
- Thank you very much for the easy to follow instruction !
- @Larry - you might need to close the program and open it again.
- Thank you very much for your help, it does even in my Microsoft Office 2007.
From Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- i could not find slicer option in excel 2007 . please anybody help me.
- @Bedanta - Unfortunately it looks like slicers are not available for any Excel product prior to 2010. That being said, I found this discussion thread that discusses possible alternatives, https://www.excelforum.com/excel-charting-and-pivots/1104098-alternatives-to-slicers-for-excel-2007-a.html. I hope this helps!
thank you very much
- THANK YOU!!!
- Much appreciated!
- Thanks really helpful
- thank you very much
- Wow! Saved me hours of looking for something I didn't have. Thank you so Much. Bless your brain.
- I have de-selected and re-selected Analysis ToolPak several times but the Analyze group is nowhere on the Data tab ribbon, despite repairing or removing and reinstalling the Office software. The ANALYS32.XLL file is in the folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\Library\Analysis", tried relocating this file in %APPDATA%\Excel\Library\Analysis , without success.
- @C.G. while the technical aspects of this aren't our specialty, I did find an answer to your question.
- Thank you very much!
- Really a good video....i can easily able to resolve the issue in 10 min
- In some other versions of Excel, Excel Add-Ins in available under "Tools" menu.
- thank you
- I have the same problem as C.G. Pls help. I entered =networkdays(a1,a2) in a cell and showed 0, meaning the analysis toolpak was loaded, but not showing the data analysis tab
- @Meeko - Try looking under the Data tab as sometimes it goes under there instead of as it's own separate tab. If that doesn't work, I suggest reaching out to Microsoft directly as they are better qualified to help answer these questions. For help from Microsoft, start here, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/. I hope this helps! Good luck!
- thank you so much. saved my friend from failing her labs.
- Hello, I understand the instructions, but the Data pack add-in is not showing and the Browse button only browsers my own computer, not the web/XL site to enable me to download it. Any advice?
- Where do I find the data analysis tookpak? Is it downloadable from the web? It's not on my PC
- @debbie - What version of Excel are you using and are you on a PC or Mac computer? I can try and help troubleshoot remotely, but if you can come into our library or your local public library that may be best.
- Thank You.. :)
- Thank you very very much! This method really works following your step-by-step instruction :D
- Thank you so much!!
- Instructions were followed. Got the data analysis on the ribbon under DATA. But then it disappeared. Repeated the procedure but it still does not appear on the ribbon.
- @shz - I am sorry that it is not showing up now for you. Without being able to see your screen, I am not sure how to tell what the issue is. I would recommend bringing it into your local public library to see if they can help troubleshoot. I hope they are able to help you!
- THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!:)
- Thank you ... very helpful
- Precise and to the point Thanks very much