Answered By: Katie Hutchison Last Updated: Aug 08, 2016 Views: 92
Answered By: Katie Hutchison
Last Updated: Aug 08, 2016 Views: 92
Generally speaking, yes. As soon as something is created in a fixed and tangible format it has copyright. Here are some additional tips:
- Copyright protection begins upon creation of the website. A website does not have to have a copyright notice to be protected.
- You can link to another website from your own website without violating copyright.
- You should not link to an image on a website unless the owner grants permission.
- You are not required to obtain permission to use works that are in the public domain. Much of the material published by the Federal government is under public domain.
- Always cite your sources.