Answered By: Alyssa Mitchell Last Updated: Oct 12, 2016 Views: 249825
If the Data Analysis command is not available in your version of Excel, you need to load the Analysis ToolPak add-in program. These instructions apply to Excel 2010, Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
- Click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Add-Ins category.
- In the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins and then click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak check box, and then click OK.
Tip: If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate it.
If you are prompted that the Analysis ToolPak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
Once the add in has been successfully installed you will see data analysis when you click on the data tab (usually to the far right of the toolbar). Go back to the first screenshot in the instructions to see how it will look. The button will open the Data Analysis dialog, which offers access to a variety of analysis tools.
Quick Analysis is a similar set of tools available in Excel 2013. See Microsoft documentation for more information. it applies to Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
~ Instructions provided courtesy of Excel Help
- You have made some really good points there. I checked on the internet for more additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.
- You can find the instructions here along with the tutorial on how to use it to make a histogram: https://trumpexcel.com/histogram-in-excel/
- When I open the Options menu the Add-Ins tab is not there. I have excel 2010. I need to be able to use data analysis for a stats class. Any ideas why it's not there?
- it was totally a helpful one thanks a lot
- Thanks.. very insightful
- Thanks a lot for your instruction, was clear and useful.
- Thanks a lot for your instruction. It's help me to start analysis in xls.
- Thank You!
- this really help me a lot. thanks!
- This was really helpful, so clear and straight to the point. Thank you so much.
- The Analysis Toolpak is installed. The Data Analysis button is not there. This is Excel 2013. Frustrated!
- I installed the Analysis toolpak, but there is no button for it. What's wrong?
- Thank you very much for the easy to follow instruction !
- @Larry - you might need to close the program and open it again.
- Thank you very much for your help, it does even in my Microsoft Office 2007.
From Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- i could not find slicer option in excel 2007 . please anybody help me.
- @Bedanta - Unfortunately it looks like slicers are not available for any Excel product prior to 2010. That being said, I found this discussion thread that discusses possible alternatives, https://www.excelforum.com/excel-charting-and-pivots/1104098-alternatives-to-slicers-for-excel-2007-a.html. I hope this helps!
thank you very much
- THANK YOU!!!